In today’s highly competitive housing market, home staging has become an important tool to effectively sell homes and condominiums. It focuses on improving a property and transforming it into an attractive product for sale. Even beautifully decorated homes need to be turned into an environment that appeals to most buyers and enhances the home’s best features.
Home buyers have become more savvy with regard to what they can get for their money. Staging prepares your home to attract the widest market, while making it appealing to the greatest number of prospective buyers.
The goal of staging is to sell quickly for a high return, appealing to a greater number of prospective buyers which will in turn lead to more offers or even multiple offers.
- You only have one chance to impress potential buyers. Buyer’s first impressions are formed as soon as they step inside your home. Staging highlights, the full potential of your property by incorporating design techniques to create a lasting first impression.
- You want to give homeowners a reason to buy your home. Staging prepares your home to attract the widest market, while making it appealing to the greatest number of perspective buyers.
- Staging creates excitement and interest from the beginning, and sets your home apart from the competition. Properties that have been staged will have a distinct marketing advantage over non- staged homes.
- Staging your home can maximize the selling price and minimize the number of days on the market.
- Staged homes provide beautiful photos. Consumers are savvy and most of them start their search on the Internet and those photos become their first impression.
- Staging provides another objective to tactfully and respectfully convey to you all the important issues that need to be addressed in order to prepare a property for sale.
The Staging Process
The goal is to secure your equity and to sell your home for top dollar. Selling a home can be a very stressful time and it is very important to us that you have a positive selling experience. We offer home staging advice an added service available to all homeowners.
We have learned that great home staging is key to the sale of your home. Homeowners become blind to their own surroundings. We are not attached to your belongings and we come in as fresh eyes and to help you with a plan to declutter, paint, repair, rearranging furniture, or update.
While you may have spent many years making their home suit their personality, a buyer doesn't want to feel as if they are walking into someone else's home.
Here are some tips on how to properly prepare your home and make it ready for eager buyers.
1. Bye Bye Clutter!
The most important thing you can do to prepare your home for sale is get rid of clutter! Knick-Knacks, excess amount of photos, and furniture often make the home feel cramped and can limit the potential buyers vision if there is too much going on in the home. Clearing bathroom and kitchen counters allows for a much simpler and peaceful showing experience.
2. Clean, Clean, Clean!
Scrub everything, rent a carpet cleaner if you have too. Nothing shows the wear and tear on a home more then dirty walls and discolored carpet. Odors are a seller’s worst enemy! If you think your home might need a burst of fresh scent keep the scent light and airy, nothing to overpowering, you wouldn’t want your buyers rushing through the home or leaving with a headache!
3. Paint and Update Your Home!
There is nothing more discouraging than a home that looks worn out or run down. Create a pleasant environment for the buyers to want to live in. It is nothing to take personally however the most effective way to have a home sold fast is having the home neutral and a current atmosphere.
The complete home staging experience is a three step process.
1. Your Consultation with Carl and Kim
Your staging experience begins with a full assessment of your property and the evaluation of your home’s market appeal.
After years of making a house a home it becomes full of memories and emotions — not to mention stuff — which are not the features that buyers are interested in when buying a home.
We will discuss flooring, walls, ceiling, windows, furniture arrangement, focal points, and anything that needs to be pre-packed, re-arranged, repaired or replaced. To get top dollar, staging is required to be completed before the property goes on the market.
2. Staging Preparation – Your Job
The next step is preparing your home to be showcased by transforming your home into that “move in” condition buyers are looking for. This step must be completed before your home goes on the market for sale. Work in Progress intentions just do appeal to home buyers.
3. Showcasing – Taking Photos and Marketing – Our Job
Showcasing is the last step to capture the interest of buyers. There is more value to a potential buyer when they view a property that is not only attractive but appeals to them as a home that they can easily envision themselves living in.
If the home you are selling is vacant, potential buyers will find it hard to make sense of a floor plan without furniture as a guide. recommend staging your property to inspire buyers to imagine living there. Furniture, lighting, art and accessories can be rented for a cost.